Tuesday, May 15, 2012

National Museum of Art

Yesterday our class took the opportunity to explore the National Art Museum of South Korea. I found the exhibition to be rather large and full of beautiful pieces. I personally love art myself and definitely enjoyed seeing the pieces related to Buddhism, since my family is Buddhist. The museum contained art pieces from different time periods of Korea and seemed to be remarkable historical artifacts. I believe anyone visiting the museum will also appreciate learning about the history of Korea along side with the beautiful art pieces that were created. Art is a form of culture all on its own. Every individual piece holds its own story and defines a specific period in time. In all, I really appreciated having the opportunity to explore the exhibition. I also got to purchase awesome gifts for people back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment